Sunday, January 12, 2014

Candle Rants of a Madwoman

Hi, hello again!

I was reading over Tess's posted (linked in previous entry) and I just got to thinking about some of the candle scents. I'm aggravated about the prices as I hinted previously but being the wax addict I am, I feel the need to speculate and comment. I should note I've not smelled any of these candles yet (or Destinations) so this is purely off the notes, and again, more of a rant than anything.
*I'm only highlighting a few of them.*

Watermelon Lemonade: "Quench your thirst for long summer days with this refreshing mixture of watermelon ice, sparkling water and freshly squeezed meyer lemons" 
Same exact script. Ok, this was a fantastic candle last year (not digging the yellow wax this year, though I guess it makes sense) but I mean, it was a summer candle. This is January for crying out loud. I know B&BW has a heart on (yes pun intended) for recycling or scents and stuff but a Summer scent for Spring? Blimey. I hope they've got something else in mind for Summer then, AGAIN not that I don't adore this candle.

Strawberry Sorbet: "A cool new treat to delight your senses, sorbet made with the sweetest sun ripened strawberries, spun sugar, and a touch of vanilla." 
Am I the only one getting the Gelato vibe off this? Minus the raspberry notes, it's a dead ringer. And while I love raspberry (and Gelato candles in general), I am hoping this will be better.

Lemon Drop: "That magnificent mouth puckering mixture of sweet and tart is captured in this blend of lemon zest, sugar crystals and a hint of vanilla."

Limoncello? I mean we already have Cheers to Capri and the Sugared Lemons from 2013 Winter Market here. I don't care if you feel like bringing scents back, if you're gonna do it, at least be blatant. For a word to the wise: We dig returning scents. We don't dig scents relabeled with the same notes or similar. 

Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut: "share the delight of of a freshly baked vanilla cake doughtnut covered in sugar crystals and crushed cinnamon." 

It's my understanding that Cinnamon Sugared Donut was a candle before my time as it were, shopping B&BW I mean, so I'm guessing this a blatant bring backsie. Yes, I like this! Never smelled the candle, dying to. But blatant is good! At least there's the honesty! Like "here you go, we know you like it so instead of trying to fool you, you can have it again!"

Returning scent: Frosted Cupcake which hardly bears the need for rementioning as it's pretty much constantly around and constantly a disappointment. The scentportable is nice though!

I have to say I prefer this over the whole floral, or grassy types. But I feel like half the Sweet Shop line is rehashing and there's no subtly to it. I would be lying if I said I didn't want another Watermelon Lemonade, let's be honest here, I was kicking myself for only buying two of them back in the Summer and I would be lying if I said I wasn't interested in smelling Strawberry Sorbet but this is part of what's upsetting me lately with B&BW. 

I suppose I can go wallow in my candle collection. Not that I haven't got enough candles for a couple years.

No comments:

Post a Comment