Saturday, October 5, 2013

Errands

Today, I had to run a few errands before work so I popped into B&BW since I was in the neighborhood they had already put out some winter stuffs. I found a couple more new PocketBacs, some of the 3 wick candles which are currently available online and Limoncello decanter hand lotion which PIC and I were not a fan of upon trying the tester. 

My small little haul found above. Sorry for the crap quality photo. I really ought to dig out my good camera sometime. Anyway, I hoped for Mason Jars of the winter candles since they were 2/$15 but no such luck. The pickings for said size in candles were extremely slim though so I made do as is. The room sprays (cute right?!) are Tis The Season which I am dubbing Christmas in a can, and Vanilla Snowflake which has an interesting smell that I'm not sure how I feel about. PIC likes it a lot. 

I know I said I was still focused on Fall, but I don't know. I miss winter and winter stuffs make me happy when I'm down.

Hand sanitizers pictured are: Fresh Sparkling Snow (I just had to have more), Pearberry Cuddles, Strawberry Smooches and Sugared Vanilla Wish.

So here's some thoughts about some of the stuff I sniffed today. Though an avid shopper of B&BW (I've really calmed down a lot since discovering them though!) I started a bit late into the Christmas game and didn't even THINK to smell the candles. I still don't know why. I was awkward and didn't know what I was doing. This time around, I am enjoying it.

In no particular order:
  • Snow Day: I was excited by the scent notes but the smell itself on cold throw was sort of weird. It's a clean, minty scent with a slightly sweet vanilla and a pine/spruce thing. It feels sort of smattered together. Maybe it smells better burning? I didn't hate it so I know I'll buy at least one.
  • Sparkling Icicles: The wax on this baby is gorgeous.. The smell is okay. It reminds me a lot of Paris Daydream. I'll probably pass on this one for myself but I know someone who might like this one.
  • Vanilla Snowflake: This was another weird smatter of scents that just feel weird cozied together as they are. I will probably buy one anyway. Coconut and Mint seem weird together but hey it might work?
  • Tis the Season: Christmas. Period. Can I marry it? I'm just saying.
  • Winter: Also awesome amazing sauce reminds me of my backyard in the winter time. Just so fresh and clean.
  • Fresh Balsam: This one honestly choked me out. I'm thinking the Eucalyptus is way too strong on it. I'll smell the White Barn version before passing completely judgment.
  • Frosted Cranberry: Smells of tart cranberries. 
I know most of these are holiday staples that everyone is familiar with but I am loving experiencing this for the first time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment