Friday, September 13, 2013

Current Bounceback handout + Sales + First impressions

Hey again guys! Today I have images of the current bounceback being handed out in stores right now along with some thoughts about the new packaging and Amber Blush. 

Advertising the new look. Free body care item of your choice with any purchase of $10 or more (up to $13 value)

Front, excuse the glare. Advertising the new look on a lot of the others, Pure Paradise is in thee too! For those of us that don't live near test stores or make orders, this is news for us. I've been reading Cia for a while and I saw these originally through her. I saw some of the other new labels and it's pretty, nice little overhaul.

Speaking of the new packaging. When I first saw the pictures, I thought, oh, those look tiny! They definitely look their weight in oz. in person. The shape takes some getting used to, but the stackable factor that Cia mentioned to me before was tested and true and I was a happy camper upon playing with them in store. The bottles themselves feel a little odd though, the material itself I ought to say. It feels, almost flimsier? I don't know if that's the word that I'm looking for.  Ever get an hourglass bottle with a spot that feels so thin it might break? It reminds me of that. Sadly.

As you are well aware, the prices are in fact going up. Amber Blush rings in at $12.50 for the lotion and shower gel. The TMC and FFM appear to be the same, and Body Butters don't appear to have changed either, despite the label changing. These new bottles will be launching next month to coincide with the use of these bouncebacks. I do speculate that prices will however change. 

In the past, we were not able to use these spend $10 get a free item for anything other than lotion, shower gel or bubble bath as it capped at $12. Some stores reportedly let this slide for TMCs but with the new wording, we are able to get TMCs. For how long? I don't think very long. Amber Blush's TMC does ring in at $12.50 same as the others but I forsee a price change coming soon. Probably about a dollar. I won't be surprised if we once again see that blasted $.50 margin that prevents the procurement of a TMC with coupons. So my guess, and this is just a guess, is that the TMC will go up to $13.50 eventually. Probably with the launch of the new look storewide. 

I don't think the FFM, Body Butters, or anything else will change pricewise but the labels are getting new artwork. 

Now, with these new bottles comes reformulation according to the advertising. How does it compare? Well, I didn't buy the regular lotion as I am largely a TMC girl unless the scent is lovable and there's not a TMC available, but I did get a shower gel and used this morning. Here's my thoughts: The scent is lovely, (I'll get into that part later), it doesn't last out of the shower well, per B&BW SG standard, but I noticed the lather isn't as nice either. It's different and probably not in a good way. I noticed the lather seemed extremely watered down. It does rinse out of a loofah better than the others, but it doesn't feel as creamy if you will, as they probably intended. I thought the idea of adding more shea was to make for a creamier wash but I feel it's done the opposite. 

It does leave my skin nice and soft just the same, maybe a touch more but we'll see how it holds up for other scents. After all, maybe this experience was exclusive to Amber Blush.

While I'm on about it, the scent of Amber Blush is really nice. It's a very sweet, fruity scent drenched in musk. It's sort of an odd combination but I find that I quite love it. As I said, take Sugar Berry Smash and add a dash of maturity and a lot of musk and this is what you get. I've heard comparisons to Cashmere Glow and Twilight Woods but I don't like either of these on bottle smell so I've never bothered to try them and can't give an accurate comparison. In the bottle, I don't notice much of a similarity. I can say it has a Forever Red feel to it, but much sweeter. I like it for now, we'll see how it withstands the test of me wearing it nonstop for a week.

Lastly, as I mentioned last night, the 2/22 is on right now and should be thru Monday at least. I'm pretty much stocked up on candles as I went nuts last candle sale. Happy shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment