Saturday, September 7, 2013

Long time no post!

Hey guys! I got a lot on my plate right now so posting's been a proper pain but I am still at it.

I've got a couple things. First, check your mailboxes! There's a coupon going out for a free mini candle and 20% off. (You never know if you may get the Forever Midnight sample voucher too! I was not able to get one but I smelled it and I'm not too bothered by this. I want Amber Blush more.)

Check your email!
$10 off $30 good thru September 8th, same as the bounceback. If you've run out, this is a good substitute to keep hoarding those surveys! 

And lastly, on Facebook, remember that offer for the free Beautiful Day EDT sample? They're doing it as I figured they would for Amber Blush:
PIC and I each redeemed one, after I bought one, same as last time. Heh!

And the haul. Mini haul rather. I don't like only going in to redeem something free - I wanted to at least try Sexy Dahlia Rush proper before it went away as I kept smelling it in store and finally got intrigued so that was my excuse to go in yesterday. The other items were free with the coupons I've mentioned above. 

As for Sexy, I understand why it didn't sell well really. To me, it's the better smelling one of the two, it's got a fruity exterior layered with spicy vanilla which in theory would be amazing. If it had any staying power at all. Last night, I tried the shower gel and the TMC. The shower gel is mostly fruity, somewhat grape-ish and isn't strong at all. the TMC was quite strong on the spice note, providing some lasting fragrance. I was pleased with the TMC. This morning, I tried the mini lotion (not pictured) from another Facebook freebie in the past, and I was disappointed. The scent is barely there, doesn't last and it's not the greatest feeling lotion in existence. 

As for the FFM, it's a lot less on the fruity, and a hot mess of floral and spice. Little less floral than I expected. To me it feels like this scent was rushed to finish. I think they could've done better, which to be fair, is why it's now discounted a month after release and you probably won't see it again after SAS. I'll finish mine as it's not omgterrible as I make it sound. I should reiterate that it's not a bad smell, it just feels like it wasn't well planned or thought out. The scent notes seems a little jumbled and like they're just thrown together. 

While I am thinking about it, while in store yesterday, I did find one new candle - Roasted Pumpkin Butter. Oh delish! I was sad that it wasn't in Mason Jar form or I would've gotten it and used a $10 off $30 instead. I think yesterday was the first time I'd ever used a coupon that wasn't spend x, get free item, or $10/$30. Crazy! 

Lastly, Tess has some of the winter soaps on her page now, you can find them here

I will say that I am quite adamant about taking my time during the holidays. I know that stuff hits shelves, not just in B&BW but all over the retail scene a couple months before said holiday, but I can't honestly bring myself to rave about these winter products yet. Am I excited? Oh hell yeah. Am I done with Fall? Oh hell no. I am barely started. But I digress, big thank you to Tess for the information! A small little part of me is squeeing silently, I assure you.

No comments:

Post a Comment