Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Fall hauls! Yankee Candle, Target, B&BW

Long time no haul right?! Well I say no haul but what I mean is more than three items. Hehe. Technicalities win. 

So I went out shopping because I just got paid and I haven't felt up to shopping lately and let's face it, when life gets stressful, a little retail pick-me-up is nice! I hit up Target, B&BW and for the first time, Yankee Candle.

Got my hands on some Pumpkin Spice M&Ms (delish btw!), Pumpkin Spice Waffles which I partook in last year and found utterly delicious and some "ground goblin" candy. It's just apple licorice rope with sugar crystals. Pretty good stuff!

This particular haul we paid only $4 for because I had some items collecting dust that I needed to exchange. I had to have another Pumpkin Carving. Roasted Pumpkin Butter is beautiful and delicious smelling. It literally smells of Peanut Butter and a hint of Pumpkin. Cider Line was an unexpected like actually. During the June SAS, PIC kept picking up the mini candles of last year's Cider Lane which I found too apple-y but in debating on what else to get, I smelled Cider Line out of curiosity to see if it smelled different and to me, it did. I get a nice rich caramel note out of the cold sniff. Wonderful! I look forward to burning it. For the repackage, aren't those minis adorable? There IS in fact a shower gel in travel size also for those wondering. 

Lastly, Yankee Candle. I've always passed up even setting foot in Yankee Candle because of the price tags mostly. I see some of their products at grocery or department stores and honestly, I was aghast at their prices but I found a coupon over at B&BW Sistas page that got me to set foot in there just to see what I was missing. $5 small jar candles. When I walked in, I was greeted by a rather exuberant employee who looked pretty darn bored until I came in. She was rather nice but quite eager to put candles under my nose. I saw a lot of interesting things such as a candle called North Pole and Peppermint Bark. They don't appear to come in small jars, so here's what I got: Campfire Treat which is a nice and light marshmallowy vanilla with a very slight hint of smoke, Red Velvet which smells exactly like you'd expect, and Salted Caramel which smells to me exactly like the Salted Caramel Glade products at Target. All winners! I also smelled some others that I liked called Golden Sand and Black Coconut. I'm not in a summer mood despite the blazing Florida sun. So anyway, I am gonna burn some of these and see how they do. I got some coupons from the lady and she signed me up for emails and such so we'll see if I like it! I look at it this way, if I don't, PIC's mother DOES so I can pass the savings to her.

And in case anyone wants it, here's the coupon.


And that concludes my fun filled day!

No comments:

Post a Comment