Tuesday, February 18, 2014

2/$22 Candles are back!

Hi and hello there! 

It would appear that B&BW have brought back their 2/$22 3 Wick Candles, and thankfully for that too. All the SAs I spoke to over the course of the 2/$25 were telling me the candles simply weren't selling which of course affects the overall sales and performance of the store. It is said that the candles will remain this way until Fall. Now, I'll clarify for anyone who may stumble across my blog that doesn't read regularly, that this means WHEN the candles enter sales promo, it will be 2/$22. Not that they will be 2/$22 the whole way through.

Enjoy and rejoice my friends! I took part in ONE of the 2/$25 candle sales but even I ducked out on one (left the store with something other than candles) and while I wasn't happy with it, I only slowed, not stopped. I for one am quite happy to see the sales price back, so happy that I celebrated with a typical candle haul! I always bring them home in sets of six, so without further ado, here is my loot!

I made it a point to begin burning my mason jar Raspberry Peach Macaron when I first heard the rumours about the sale and that would determine my selections. Spring is not my favourite time of year at all and what makes this totally worth it is my baby, London Calling.

Anyway, I love Raspberry Peach Macaron a lot. I've seen a few people say it reminds them of cotton candy. I can sort of see that, but I really get the bakery thing going on when I smell it. It's just so delicious smelling it hurts. If I had to break it down, I'd definitely say it smells like a raspberry pastry, very sweet. Hoard worthy, completely. This is the only thing that has peach you'll ever see me buy!

I got the Watermelon Lemonade because I liked it a lot last year. I was too blinded by Summertime S'mores to pay attention and missed out. By the time I got back around to it, they were gone! 

Anyway the SAs were completely nice and let my PIC use his mystery offer via grace period, and I got these 40% off. It actually didn't turn out much less than just doing two payments with surveys, it was just nice to not have to do it that way.

Also, they sent out this morning, a free full size hand soap with any purchase. 

Sorry for the glares! We each did 5 pocketbacs with one free soap. We have a lot of both but we are taking some of these to work with us now. My freebie soaps are Coconut Lime Verbena, and Honolulu Sun.

I think what I like most about these soaps is the fact that you can turn the bottle over and read what's in the scent. About darn time if you ask me. I kind of like the bottles, they will actually sit side by side now under my sink and it just feels more compact, yet neat without the tapering. I don't actually mind triclosan so the change there doesn't really affect me as I use soaps without it also. The new sales price is a bit rubbish (4/$18, 6/$24) but I've got enough soap to get me through the zombie apocalypse so I think I'll be fine.

As for the pocketbacs, I just noticed today that Beautiful Day got itself a pocketbac! Another thing I noticed was that Pink Chiffon one no longer has glitter in it! YES! I'm not the biggest shimmer fan (I'll wear it on occasion) but when I pop open a sanitizer at work, then forget it's got glitter in it, I end up washing my hands for five minutes trying to get all of it off because I work with food! I just don't think glitter belongs in them.

Anyway, that's a done trip out. Satisfied as can be! I am not inclined to buy 50 more candles presently, but I will say that Tokyo Petals is surprisingly nice, and if you're a fan of London Calling like I am, now's the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment