Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day Adventures

Hi and hello!

I hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day. PIC and I went down to Sarasota (we live a couple counties away) to a wonderful sushi bar that offers and all you can eat sushi for $21.50 (if paid in cash, if card it's a dollar or so more) and it's some of the freshest sushi you'll get around. We make it a point to at least go once a year and it's not like there's nothing to do down in Sarasota. Before the trip down we went to my local B&BW to claim the Facebook offer they put up yesterday which was a free Mad About You Diamond Shimmer mist with any purchase so PIC and I claimed the offers, he got a pocketbac holder as he needed change for the toll booth and I got myself a Raspberry Peach Macaron Mason Jar 

After gorging ourselves on sushi upon getting there too late to go to a regular showing of the RoboCop remake, we spent a little more time digesting and went over to the mall to discover there was an IMAX version showing a little later. We got these tickets that allow you to see a movie free or pay a surcharge if you want 3D/IMAX so we decided we would pay the charge but first, we went roaming the mall. I had totally forgotten there was a Body Shop there - I've never been before but I hear good things about them. Sadly I did not have time to check it out before the movie so I beelined straight for B&BW and got a couple more shimmer mists. The idea actually didn't spawn until I was in the mall and went "heyyy".

I also picked up some other stuff both trips as they extended the EDT special until Monday which made me a happy camper. I don't tend to go out of my way to buy the full size EDTs, I generally like the little ones I can carry with me that some of the scents previewing have had lately (like Amber Blush) but at $20 a pop lus $10 off $30 (and more recently the Mystery Offer) I couldn't say no! I only got 20% but PIC, the lucky little bugger, got himself a 40%.

Sorry for the glares. These are the EDTs I ended up with, White Citrus is for PIC. I actually picked up Amber Blush and Mad About You on the original last date of the EDT sale (the 9th) because I thought it was ending and I wanted to get them before it did but then they extended it.

My "freebie" haul. I would've gotten a cheaper item if I didn't love Raspberry Peach Macaron so much. PIC says it smells like cotton candy, I say it smells like a raspberry pastry, it's got that lovely little bakery thing going on with it.

B3G3

I needed more Velvet Sugar in my life to compensate for the 2 EDPs (plus I really just like the scent) so that led to my binging on it and getting some bubble baths because I've actually never tried the signature bubble bath before. I like Mad About You but for the scents heavily V-Day marketed, I am definitely Team Velvet Sugar!  

So that sums up my little B&BW trips in the last week.

Oh, and RoboCop was pretty decent - it could have been a whole lot worse, but I miss Peter Weller!

No comments:

Post a Comment