Thursday, February 6, 2014

UPS Man showed up

Hi there, 

I fell asleep shortly after I got the second of two online orders yesterday. I had placed orders over the weekend when they were offering the free hand soap and random popups for free items to be added to orders. The Living Social deal allowed me to get a free candle with $20 purchase and dropped the shipping charge if I spent $25+ so when I got paid, I made a second order and I'll share what I got. 

This was order #1. (And I'd like to add that it wasn't packed this way. LOL) All I paid for were the 8 wallflowers. Why did I get 8 you might ask? Well 'cause I wanted an even number of each Aromatherapy Wallflower so I ended up just doing pairs of each available. I've used all but Eucalyptus Spearmint and had interesting results. Well, I say interesting but really the only one that held up okay was Black Currant Vanilla. But I've decided to give these another shot and see how they do. My thing with online orders is I don't like to place them unless it's something I can't get my hands on in store. It's not so much about the instant gratification as why pay for shipping if I have access to a store? I live a two minutes drive from one and maybe 20 minutes tops from two others, so it's a no brainer that if I can get it in store, I will. So I save online orders for super special deals that are only online or items I can't get in a store.

Anyway, the pop up I got was Japanese Cherry Blossom shower gel which came with a few unique coded coupons for online use only. My free candle was London Calling because let's face it, it doesn't matter how many of these I get my hands on, it's gonna win my heart every single time when it's available. And lastly, I got a new formula hand soap in Kitchen Lemon which was automatically added to my order.

This is online order #2 placed one day later. When I saw the Living Social deal was still going the next day, I decided I'd go ahead and make another purchase if I could find anything else I wanted online. I picked the website over a few times and wasn't sure, then I remembered when I saw a Facebook comment stating that Mad About You was online, so I went ahead and did the B2G1 for it and snagged another London Calling candle for free (seeing the trend here?) and this Kitchen Lemon hand soap was free once again, courtesy of BBW.

I opened the cap of the Mad About You TMC and dabbed a little bit that was stuck to the cap onto my arm to test it out and it smelled a lot like the preview EDT, which was quite floral, but sweet at the same time. When it dried down, it was a lot less in your face and after a couple hours I couldn't smell it anymore. Of course, that's to be expected with the sample test I did. I promised myself I wouldn't use it until I finished off my travel trio of Velvet Sugar 'cause I gotta start emptying some bottles of product.

That sums it up basically. Also, per my email today from B&BW, I'd like to remind anyone looking to shop there soon that there are some nice deals going right now.

2/$25 3 Wick Candles (thru 2/10)
$20 EDT (thru 2/9)
Free Forever Collection Lotion&Shower Gel with EDT Purch @ Full Price (2/9)

No comments:

Post a Comment