Wednesday, February 26, 2014

3/$6 Travel Sizes, Loot Post!

I have decided that I finally need to get myself some new clothes, which of course entailed a trip to the mall, so you know what that means! B&BW's were running their 3/$6 DoD today and the email actually featured some of the Hawaiian stuff so I had to go look.

First, I went to pick out one set of Mad About You and some Velvet Sugar, which led me to my hunt for the Hawaiian items, which were on the counter in the back in front of the registers. To my dismay, there was only one Oahu Coconut spray and three shower gels. The manager told me there weren't any more lotions as they only had a dozen or so that got bought out today, however upon looking in the back for me, she found another box, but alas, no other sprays. 

The damage done:
White Citrus is for PIC and the lotion bottle on the left cut out of the photo is another Oahu. The label is so pretty for it. I smelled the Hawaii Passionfruit Kiss too and liked it but I didn't get it as they only had the shower gel. And I got a free Sun lotion via Facebook a while back, so I got myself the spray and shower gel. I didn't feel like gorging the second transaction completely on minis as I've got a lot now so I got some of the fresh picked lip care (specifically Lip Butter and Balm in strawberry) and a Sun gloss.

I tested Oahu during the trip and through Target and I have to say I love it more than I thought I might. I am a big, big fan of coconut but I didn't like it via the bottle when I smelled it, not really. Everytime I went to B&BW, I smelled it again and again and it reminded me more and more of sun tan lotion. Upon trying it however, I am impressed. It doesn't smell a lot different from the bottle to my skin which is a rare thing for me, and it kind of retains the same scent after it's dried, if I had to pick something to compare with it, I'd say it's Vanilla Coconut and Aspen Caramel Woods' love child. I can definitely smell the hint of amber in there, too. All around, I like it. 

I thought I might be passing on the Hawaiian Collection as I am DYING for World Gardens and that London Tulips and Berries scent that will be with it but I changed my mind, as I do! And I'd like to note that the manager on duty today was a very nice lady, she's a newer one (maybe a transfer from another store) as I haven't seen her before but she seems like she has her head on straight and she just adores me, she gave me a coupon today to hang onto which was the free item with $10 purchase and I do tend to use those frequently, so that was nice of her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment