Friday, February 7, 2014

Errand Day

Hello again lovely readers,

I really do loathe going out in the chilly rain for anything but alas, errands had to be ran and this was my chance to stop by BBWs to see what specials were going. When I got there, I found:

  • $6 Fine Fragrance Mists
  • $8 Diamond Shimmer Mists
  • 2/$25 3 Wick Candles
  • $10 Whipped Shimmer Body Creams 
  • $20 EDT/P
In other words, stuff listed in emails. I did not see any signs for the Forever Red EDP purchase with free lotion & shower gel. The associate roaming the floor said yes, the manager on shift said she had no idea what I was talking about to which I said I had it in an email and it does say "select" stores but she was nice to honour it and also $10 Whipped Shimmer Body Creams. I don't know if that one was a previous sale as my emails are only showing up every so often lately or if it was a sale to be that someone set out signs for too early but apparently that wasn't a thing either. However because the signs were out she honoured it for me. So here's what I ended up with:

 Not a big haul but I actually didn't buy candles despite them being on sale. Shock! So when I got to the store and I saw the Whipped Shimmers listed as $10, I decided I was either going to get Mad About You or Velvet Sugar, just that paired with an EDP for my coupon so I sprayed both of them onto strips and walked around to smell candles. PIC and I both smelled each one at various stages and we both decided we liked Velvet Sugar better so that's what I got.

My store also has Fresh Picked hand soaps in the new formula out in the front, they are $5 a piece.

Anyways, a few thoughts on some of the candles I smelled. I didn't do an extensive walk 'n' whiff as I was on a schedule but here's what I smelled:

Snap Peas: Smells like grass. PIC likened it to that very candle from last year. As a fan of snap peas, he did not approve.

Garden Strawberry: Same old scent from last year. Not that it's a bad thing. 

Lemon Drops: Smelled like Lemonheads. It's available in a Mason Jar.


My sense of smell was shot by that point and we had to go. I took a brief whiff of Pink Lemonade Pound Cake's mason jar but I haven't got any thoughts as of yet as I was being dragged out the door at that point. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment