Monday, January 13, 2014

Forever Midnight TMC $8, Sweet Shop Soaps, Candles

Hi, hello,

The Forever Midnight TMC is currently on sale for $8 in stores, I was hoping it'd include Forever Red but no such luck. I picked one up to complete a trio for PIC's sister and along with it, my usual store had put up the Spring St. Sweet Shop hand soaps. 

The "flavours" if you will that they had out were Sugar Berry Shortcake, Plum Berry Sorbet, Fresh Honeydew Lemonade, Orange Creamsicle Swirl, Lemon Chiffon Tart and Pink Vanilla Macaron. 

Notably I saw the whole scentportable section for 75% off, however I suspect it might be the same case as the candles, they haven't got any more in yet is my guess.

So here's what I got for the soaps and my thoughts are as follows.

Pink Vanilla Macaron: To my nose it's a rather plain vanilla scent with a hint of fruity and of course, the alcohol smell that is troubling to disassociate from the scent. 

Sugar Berry Shortcake: A staple sweet and fruity with a hint of sugar scent. Not bad.

Plum Berry Sorbet: Plums and berries, quite tart. Not as great as I hoped but I'll keep it. 

Fresh Honeydew Lemonade: Reminds me a little of the watermelon lemonade candle, actually. I like it a lot more than I figured I would.

Orange Creamsicle Swirl: This one's pretty hard to describe, I definitely smell the orange but it's not a plain orange, it's got a hint of sweetness about it. It reminds me of a candy shop we've got here. 

My store was also setting up some of the new candles. The Destinations scents that were out were all returning scents, so nothing new there other than labeling and price. The store manager did confirm that the new 2 for candle sale price would be 2/$25. Makes me not a happy camper at all. 

Anyway, here's what they had and what I thought of it:
Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut: What it says on the tin. I love it, reminds me of Dunkin Donuts or something of the same like. I am a big fan of plain old cake donuts so it's a nice foodie scent for those who adore it.

Pink Lemonade Poundcake: From what I could get out of the mini candle it was kind of a generic lemon smell, didn't smell strong to me at all. I'll have to give the three wick a whiff.

Watermelon Lemonade: What can I say? Same thing! And still love it! Still not sold on the yellow wax though.

Strawberry Sorbet: Worst fear was confirmed with this one. It smells good, but the trouble is, from mini candle whiff all I could think of was Strawberry Picnic.

Lemon Drop: Not Limoncello but not fantastic either. Very strong on the lemon. I'll have to get a 3 wick whiff I think to full pass judgment. 

Raspberry Peach Macaron: This one I forgot to highlight actually in my post yesterday. Apologies! Now, I don't have the notes on hand, but I have to say, as someone that really, really hates Peach, I just adore this candle. Honestly. Peach is on the back burner and this one I am excited for. I can't even describe it, just so wonderful and sweet. I wonder if it's anything like the Paris candle Sweet Macaron. While I personally did not get to smell this one as I missed the Paris run, we know they like reusing scents and this would be welcome to folks like me who missed some of the great stuff.

2 comments:

  1. RPM when lit smells of Cotton Candy, I did not like on cold throw. It is very strong when burning. My daughter and I both like it supprisingly. CSD all the way, burned the sweet shop one over the w/e. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Forever Midnight TMC is currently on sale for $8 in stores, I was hoping it'd include Forever Red but no such luck. I picked one up to complete a trio for PIC's sister and along with it, my usual store had put up the Spring St. Sweet Shop hand soaps.
    Triple and strong scented candles
    luxury scented candles

    ReplyDelete