Sunday, January 19, 2014

Let's talk NEW

Hey guys!

I went to B&BW a couple days ago and hauled away some stuff, getting my last pickin's for the SAS (gotta have enough SoP in case it disappears for a lengthy time, you don't wanna know how many I ended up with really!) and whilst there, claiming the Facebook offer on B&BW Facebook Page for a free travel size Sun, Sky or Air lotion.

Here's what I left with. They didn't have many of the Sweet Shop pocketbacs yet, so I got a couple Destination ones I had been meaning to grab. The little glass bottle in the middle is the Mad About You EDT preview that is presently available for $4, I'll talk about that in a bit. 

Strawberry Parfait: Sickly sweet, artificial strawberry scent with a hint of a whipped cream thing going on. I say sickly like it's a bad thing. It's not awful! I didn't see that this one has glitter in it.

Ice Cream Dream: Generic vanilla scent. That's pretty much all that needs said.

Strawberry Cheesecake: That same sickly sweet Strawberry scent is back, with a hint of cream cheese. Also contains glitter. Feh.

Cherry London: Cherry reused again for a cute little pocketbac. Let's be honest, I'm obsessed with England, London and everything British so I HAD to buy it.

Berry Paris: I think of the blue Kool Aid every time I smell this one. Nice!

Now, for my thoughts on my two freebies.

Sun: By far my favourite of the three, which is funny considering it's the one I least expected. It's got a soft, floral smell in the bottle, and on the skin with a hint of a fruity sweetness that's quite pleasant and not off-putting as I find many florals to be. It keeps a very nice fragrance balance and continues to smell good, though the smell does seem to fade quicker than I'd like. I might evaluate buying this set.

Air: Didn't like it as much I as I thought I might. I love pear to the core but I have bad luck with anything pear scented and not liking it. In the bottle, it's got a crisp, pear mingling with a floral that doesn't really compliment it at all. On my skin, it turns not so pleasant once it's completely dry.

I smelled Sky in store but I hated it. 

Just look at this fracking cute bottle. This is my inner girl coming out. This does not happen often, do not be alarmed. Just throw chocolate at her and she'll go away.

Ahem. It's a very heavy on the floral side scent, but again, the mixture is very nice and continues to be once the perfume has dried and been there for a while. Not something I'd wear all the time but might be a nice once in a while. It's an extremely girly scent in the sense that just the mere fragrance evokes images of pretty pink flowers. I'm curious to smell the lotion and hope I don't hate it as I just don't get along with florals really.

And that wraps it up. Tomorrow starts the candle sale, at the new price of 2/$25, not excessively thrilled but I'll still buy. Just a lot less. Dying for Raspberry Peach Macaron and Cinnamon Sugared Doughnut.

No comments:

Post a Comment