Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Forever Red: Vanilla Rum; a quick look.

Hi, hello there. 

I recently purchased some of the discounted Vanilla Rum products that were released by B&BW for the winter season to try them out as I love the original Forever Red. Below are my thoughts!

Out of the bottle, the body cream smells essentially like a thick, creamy vanilla with a deeper hint of rum than the original, however it lacks the fruity notes mixed in. On my skin, before it dries it smells, well, basically like I've spilled a shot of rum on myself. And not in a good way. It's very strong, very alcohol smelling. The point of the Vanilla Rum of course, was the focus on the rum aspect of Forever Red and the fruity is completely gone to my nose, replaced with a thick floral. Quite frankly, I find the scent headache inducing. I had tried the EDT in store one day after work as I smelled horribly of grease and chalked up the alcohol smell as mostly the EDT itself. It sadly wasn't. 

If I had one wish for this scent, it'd be to make it slightly weaker. Perhaps the strength is a plus but I can honestly barely smell much else besides rum. I love rum as much as the next gal but I'm not so sure I want to smell like I've just come from the bar or spilled a drink. 

It takes a while for the scent to die down a little, where it's a bit more bearable and less boozy and I quite like it at that point but it takes some will to make it through the first hour or so of application. 

Bottom line: I don't care for it and I'll stick to the original Forever Red. Just glad I stuck to the mini mist instead of breaking out the full size mist.

No comments:

Post a Comment