Saturday, May 25, 2013

Friday

Making a day of it! Friday I worked an early shift and went to lunch...
Rather ordered it.

My sushi chef was heavy-handed on the salmon. No complaints! 

After, went to see Star Trek Into Darkness for the second time. I am foaming at the mouth waiting for it to come on DVD. I may just have to go see it again. Of course, I am a fan of the original Trek and don't choose to participate in the wankfest that some fans are making of the new Trek. I admit that I wasn't overly excited for the original reboot in 2009 but I think that they did a good job with the sequel. Plus I have a bit of a soft spot for Khan (no worries, not a Benedict Cumberbatch fangirl. Yet. This is the first thing I've seen him in.) so, you know.

Bath and Body Works followed this excursion. I went to a not usual store, felt slightly uncomfortable by one of the associates wandering around staring at anyone/everyone, not really talking or asking if she can help anyone. I guess it's in a not so great area and it's always super busy, plus according to the ladies at my usual store, it used to be a test store! I only go there when I am in the area really.

This is the small haul. I found the White Barn Summer candle there ... my local store doesn't have it yet. I don't know why. I would compare it to what others have said, a weaker Eucalyptus Mint. It smells nice and clean, I think I'll love to burn this one on a hot summer day ... which may as well be every day in sunny FL. 

My second transaction consisted of the 2 for 1 lip since I barely have a selection of stuff outside of a couple C.O. Bigelow Mentha and Twisted Peppermint. I like peppermint, okay? Don't judge me. I was a little hesitant to get these wands though, all of the testers at the other sometimes frequent store were broken. The wands featured here are Cool Coconut and Bronze Berry. I have only tried Cool Coconut and it looks very flattering on me. My freebie was Hydra Glass which I haven't done much else but smell yet. Lastly, another Limoncello soap because I can't get enough of this. This is one of the few soaps I can use repeatedly ad nauseam and not dry my hands out severely. In love with it to say the least. We found it with a sign that said $10 Limoncello soaps which was apparently a special that ran there last weekend? I don't recall seeing it at my store and I go pretty much twice a week, usually more. 

The cashier said that she didn't know the sign was still up and honoured the $10 price. Very nice of her. Eventful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment