Saturday, May 18, 2013

May 13th couldn't have come sooner!

So here is my first post thing. This haul is from a few days ago. I had ordered Wild Citrus Sunflower marking the second time I've ordered a scent that was an online exclusive and HATED it! I learned my lesson from the experience, though I can find things about fragrances I like pretty easily, I don't do well if I can't go product/candle sniffing. LOL! Wild Citrus Sunflower was traded for some of the Malibu Heat pictured above.

I had a Pineapple Orchid candle that had a wick break off mid-burn and the wax turned nasty and smoky and ugh. The SA was grossed out when she saw the candle but not necessarily surprised. So I swapped it for Meet Me In Tahiti. I figured by the description on this candle I'd like it but I wanted to smell it cold first. It kind of reminds me of the beach with a touch of vanilla. It's a good one so far! I can't say much else for it other than I haven't had any wicks breaking on me and it burns even so...

As for the body care, being as I am relatively new to B&BW (think December 2012), I have NEVER tried Malibu Heat at all before this. The fragrance notes sounded like something I'd absolutely love so I was counting down the days til it came to stores and bought it and loved it. Not without trying it first though! None of my stores would sell any of the May 13th floorset stuff early which marks a first for me since I've been able to pick up or at least smell stuff a few days before they hit the floor so I was itching to smell all these new things come last Monday!

It's got all these fruits and tropical scents going for it but a hint of a powdery something, I don't know. Whatever it is, it reminds me of a body spray (probably Avon something) from the nineties that I might've sprayed around in my sister's room. It's familiar. I love it. A lot. The hair mist was something I decided I'd try out - being that I have average thickness in hair but unmanageability (that's not a word but now it is!) that is out of this world with a big splash of frizz, hair products that aren't (and sometimes are!) shampoo and conditioner don't agree with me. However I have had very nice results out of this mist. It is similar to a light hold hair spray that fluffs up my hair a little and gives the otherwise dull appearance of my hair some semblance of style. I picked one up in Pure Paradise too since I liked it so much.

Pure Paradise, now this one is interesting. I find it a very light scent that fades down to my skin smelling like a boat trip I took where we went to all these beaches and looked for sandollars, seashells and the like, made a day of it, got sunburned to the high heavens and had a lot of fun. Not an every day scent for me but it's a nice little once in a while since it isn't a very "loud" scent. I don't really know how to describe it other than it kind of smells like sea water. Not dirty seawater, but just water. Well that sounds weird, what does water smell like, right? I live in Florida so I guess it makes sense to me. Anyway, that's my take on my long anticipated body care haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment