Sunday, August 4, 2013

Haul + Tidbits

Hey guys! Just in from my B&BW excursion before work and I have some goodies to share and thoughts plus a couple pieces of info! 

First off, I'll say I did a lot of smelling and I'll list the stuff I whiffed but didn't buy in this segment.

Candles:
Cider Lane: This candle smells alright but seems a little too generic to my nose, spicy, caramel scents. It's good and if you like that kinda thing, pick it up. Not my cup of cider.

Autumn: Red Apples and a hint of pomegranate with a sort of woodsy background going on. It's okay, but smells too similar to the plenty other apple scents.

Farmstand Apple: Red Apple. Nothing more to be said. Pass.

Harvest Coffee: Slightly toned down Espresso Bar. Repackage. Might get one. Maybe. Next.

Blackberry Spice: I couldn't really smell any berries, but maybe they offset the clove and spicy notes in this one. Doesn't seem like it's gonna be a real strong throw but you never know! I might get one to try.

Autumn Day: Smells like the woods. Wow that was general. What else can I say? I'm reminded of jumping into a pile of leaves that have turned gorgeous colours. I really liked this one and almost got it. In fact I might go get one tomorrow.

Heirloom Pear: Infinitely better than the Spring take on Fresh Picked Pears. It's got a bit of an apple scent going on in there, tart but not terribly so. I love Pears but I don't know what it is about the home fragrance. Pass for me.

Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin: A lighter take on the original candle scent which put me off horribly. This one is more nice and mellow, maybe less spice and more vanilla. Even if you don't like SCP, give this a sniff, it's better, I promise.

Spiced Cider: A deal less heavy than Cider Lane. Definitely smell the apple going on in there. Not bad. I might try one but nothing overly special.

Fresh Picked Body Care

Meyer Lemon: Interesting mix of sweet and tart. Was hoping for a hint of vanilla. Didn't use the tester tube. Might do so and provide more info later.

Honeycrisp Apple: Slightly sweeter than the previous take on Fresh Picked Apple. Still not my thing.

Pears: Blergh! I couldn't stand this one long enough to bother trying to identify that smell. 

Heirloom Cranberries: Ungh, fantastic and a half. It's kind of like Cranberry Sauce in lotion form. I'm not sure slathering cranberry sauce on yourself would be appealing, but the smell is quite good. It doesn't seem all that strong, however it may be a good thing that it's not, could be migraine inducing if stronger.

Wild Mint: Less peppermint than I hoped for. More of a spearmint, maybe kind of an herbal thing going on. Not like, heavy. But sweet. I'd liken the smell to old fashioned chewing gum. The manager who let me try it agrees!

I already own it but...

Scarlet Pumpkin: This is the definite standout winner of the fresh picked hardworking cream. It's like pumpkin pie fresh out of the oven on your skin. Not really heavy on the spices, but just plain old pumpkin pie. So delicious. If you don't have it, go get it. I wish it would've been made in shower gel. 

While I am thinking about Fresh Picked, remember the Fresh Picked Hardworking Lip Balm in Cherry they had in the Spring? Well, there are going to be two Fresh Picked Lip Balms coming. Apple and Strawberry. They are going to be little fruit shaped containers with the balm inside. I don't know whether or not it'll be something like EOS but they are cute. I would guess around $8-10 for it. 

Now onto my haul!

What? I don't have an addiction to Marshmallow Fireside. I don't know what you are talking about. So, they only had four Mason Jars left, plus I found out that unless B&BW changes something last minute, no 2/$22 is coming tomorrow. I didn't figure it would. Sometimes we get one with new candles (Italian, Lakeside) and sometimes we don't (Destinations). My guess would be more towards the middle of the month. PIC promised another visit tomorrow so I might go get some of the Mason Jars I whiffed today but passed on. I would've gotten a variety if I had known for sure that there would be a sale tomorrow. 

PocketBac thoughts:

We'll start with Halloween and work around.

Jack O' Pumpkin: Maybe not necessarily pumpkins to my nose. It smells more to me like when I was a kid, the smells coming from the distant bonfires and stuff on Beggar's Night, going from door to door. Nice memory!

Vampire Blood: Cherry. Like, cherry flavoured cough syrup due to the alcohol. Not overly displeasing. PIC picked this one.

Hoot Berry: This smells extremely familiar. In a good way. Definitely a generalised berry scent with a strong tart note, but I can't put my finger on what exactly. A candy maybe?  Watch me remember whilst in the shower or laying in bed tonight.

Ghoul Friend: Another general berry scent, but less tart smelling than Hoot Berry.

Eek!: Marshmallows. Plain and simple.

Heirloom Cranberries: I don't get any cranberry out of this one. It's a little different than the body care. More of a spice and vanilla type thing going on. Pretty good!

Crimson Plum: You know I've never had plums so I can't say for sure whether or not it smells like plums. It's sweet, slightly tart and a very airy scent. Very light. Hardly noticeable.

Georgia Bourbon Peach: Peach Schnapps. Not a favourite really, don't care much for peach. It smells like alcohol enough due to the fact that it's a sanitizer nevermind trying to liken it to bourbon. It's  more tolerable than I thought but PIC can have it.

Aspen Autumn Day: This kind of smells like the potpourri or incense that my mum would burn. Not terrible at all.

Montana Mountain Air: Kind of a strong, household cleaner with a spring scent type thing going on. Not a big fan of it. 

And that concludes my haul + tidbits. Until next time. Stay fragrant!

No comments:

Post a Comment