Thursday, August 1, 2013

Ready for Fall? I am!

Despite the fact that it's still blazing hot and will be for some months here, I am longing for Fall. I don't get my Sweater Weather until November at best. Tonight we took an unplanned trip to B&BW for some hand soaps. PIC really loves Pumpkin Caramel Latte. I find it kind of amusing that he adores it since he doesn't really like Pumpkin and coffee isn't really his thing either. 

What I didn't expect to find when I set foot in the door though ...

By the door, they had the Pumpkin Preview handsoaps so I was thinking that the store was going to look relatively the same as the last time I was there. I was WRONG! Employees were bustling about, disassembling the current floorset and working on the new one! On the candle wall, I saw it. almost all of it there. Fall. Sweet, precious Fall. And so my 15 minute peek turned into a 45 minute I WANNA SMELL IT ALL! The first thing I did was gape at Marshmallow Fireside. I never actually smelled my dream candle until tonight. My store was all sold out of Marshmallow Fireside when I began shopping B&BW late last year. 

The SA (whom I see extremely frequently) greeted me, bubbly as always and took off the lid to one of the candles upon my telling her that I'd never smelled it. And so I did. And I think you may need to check my pulse now. Heeeeeaven. My goodness! My store pretty much never sets stuff out early and the only time I've gotten my hands on something early was a while back, think Italian.

I also got to whiff some of the Fresh Picked stuff as it was not all out yet but they were working on it. I'm still not largely a fan of it, but I have to admit to Heirloom Cranberry catching my eye. I smelled it. Smells like cranberry sauce. And not in a "that's spicy, get it out of my face!" way. They weren't completely done so I didn't get to smell Wild Mint yet. All good things with time right?

My haul for the night
 My hand sanitizer was free. They weren't out yet but the SA got them out from the back for me since they were going to be selling them tomorrow anyway. My choices were Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin, Heirloom Cranberry, Farmstand Apple and Sweet Clementine. I went with Pumpkin. I was biding my time for my freebie coupon for Fall something.

I took a smell of Scarlet Pumpkin and decided I wanted it. It's a very basic and simple pumpkin smell with a little bit of spice, but more sweetness I think. Not overly powerful but pleasant. I didn't slather any on because I already have SBS on and that'd skew my smell. I'm sure I'll review it sometime.

The mason jar candles were of course 2/$15. Two of the Fall staples among B&BW fans. And I finally get to smell and have at them. It's divine. 

Marshmallow Fireside, where I do start? I am completely in love. Honestly. One cold whiff and I'm sold. I almost wish I would've just picked up four. I compared it to my other love, Summertime S'mores and at first I wasn't sure where the difference was, but now I've found it. Marshmallow Fireside smells like it's a little bit stronger on the woodsy smell than Summertime S'mores. It's just so much richer and ugh I can't form a coherent thought right now. Not helpful is it? Well, I'm sure most of you know what it smells like anyway. Haha.

Leaves, this one is basically Fall in a jar to me. I'm reminded of the end of October or so with this one. It's got a strong, cinnamon apple to me. PIC described it like this, "Smells like Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal from McDonald's." Now, I don't quite know about that. I definitely smell apple in here though but it's complimented, so that's okay. 

I'm looking forward to burning them although I don't know how these babies burn. I've never gotten mason jar candles. 

This post probably isn't the most sense I've made in a while. I'm excited and sleep deprived. I love Fall, I love Fall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment