Thursday, August 8, 2013

Stubborn Shower Gel? Use it up tip.

Hey guys! A while back, Cia posted about using scissors to cut up tubes of product to scrape the remaining bits out of the bottle. Here, I am going to post about the disparity that often comes with shower gel versus lotions. At least in my experience. I find that I use a lot more lotion than I do shower gel. I understand the shower gels are 10 oz. versus the 8 oz. lotions, since you might use more of the gel than the lotion.

In my case, it's rather backwards. Whether I am reapplying lotion or I've simply used something else in lieu of my usual routine, I find I have a lot of gel left over. 

Most of you are probably aware of this trick I would gather since I actually saw a couple folks recommend this on B&BW's Facebook page, but here goes. 

Turn it into hand soap. 

Things you'll need:
  • Empty foaming handsoap bottle (any will do)
  • A B&BW shower gel you're sick of or need assistance using up
  • Water
Pour shower gel into the soap bottle, about a third of the way up. If you have a bottle like mine, just eyeball it. Fill the rest of the way up with water. Shake. Let sit for 24 hours. You CAN use it right away but I noticed it'll foam a lot better if you wait a day to use it. 

Great option if you've run out of soap, need to use up a shower gel, tired of a shower gel, don't like triclosan, or simply want a soap in a scent they don't make! It'll leave your hands nice and soft too thanks to the Shea Butter in the shower gel. The fragrance holds up nicely too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment