Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Just one more time?

Hey guys! Major apologies for disappearances. Just when you think your internet problem is resolved, another modem bites the dust. 

Two modems, one router, one dynex ethernet port, and two ethernet cables later, I'm pretty sure we're covered. FINALLY. 

Before work yesterday, I hit my not usual B&BW for an exchange, because let's face it - I'm tired as hell of waiting on a candle sale! 

Here's what I got!

Excusing the mess in the background, I've barely been home and my Malibu Heat decided to hit the floor. Anyway, I got:

Vermont Sugar Maple - I can't get past the alcohol smell of what would otherwise be the scent of maple sugar candies, or sugar cookies.

Seattle Hazelnut Latte - PIC picked this one. I personally am NOT a fan of hazelnut. I will say the hazelnut scent isn't overly powerful here which is good. It's sort of sweet and creamy smelling.

Keep Calm And Carve On - Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin.

Spice Kissed Pumpkin - I got this in Pocketbac a while back from the same store. Very great scent, a lot like pumpkin pie with labelled spice going on in there. I love it.

Sweet Orange Pumpkin - Also got this guy in Pocketbac. It honestly reminds me of something. what, I don't know yet. I can't put my finger on it but it's a sugary, orange-y smell with a slightly buttery undertone? I don't know if that makes sense.

I didn't find the last two in my usual store tonight. The SA at the store I bought them from told me that their store is a "mini" anti-bac test store and my usual store confirmed this when I mentioned I saw something different that they didn't have. On that same note, the SA who told me they were a test also told me that all stores should have the Spice Kissed and Sweet Orange Pumpkins. Not true. I don't know if all stores will get them but if you want them, check the test stores. 

Candles

Blueberry Pumpkin Patch - Blueberry Pancakes. That's. All. I. Smell. And it's friggin' amazing!

Marshmallow Fireside -  My love, my darling. I won't even say anything else about it.

Pumpkin Caramel Latte - Sweet and Spicy with a hint of coffee. I can smell the pumpkin faintly but this one packs a heck of a sweet punch.

Pumpkin Cupcake - Cupcakes, Pumpkin Pie, Buttercream frosting. Mix it together, that's what I smell. 

I also smelled the new Fall traditions ... as you can see in my picture above, I resisted! More like, I bought handsoap because I honestly wasn't interested. Here's what I thought:

Aspen Caramel Woods - So dang light it's hard to say. I smelled the caramel and vanilla, it's quite sweet. But doesn't wow me.

Napa Autumn Blackberry - Smelled like SBW to me all over again, and since THIS Fall is the first time I'm experiencing SBW thanks to SAS, I see no need for a near dupe. I think the only difference I could find was again, this scent was light, SBW packs a bigger wallop.

Vermont Honey Apple - I don't like Apple scents. Smell it and decide for yourself. 

Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin - Again, I'm noticing the trend of lighter scent. I wonder if the spice was toned down on purpose because last year's IS a little on the loud side for smell. I MIGHT get this one in minis since I actually do like SCP but it's just a headache to smell it sometimes.

I'm not sure what they did here, but it feels like the strengths on these scents were toned down a lot. I MIGHT get minis of the ACW and SCP. But that's only a maybe. I'm not liking the no shower gel available, it feels like being forced to buy full size if I want the whole ritual.

Now let me take a moment to go into the current up to date sales we have going right now.
  • B3G2
  • 5/$15, 7/$20 Hand Soap
  • Fresh Picked Hardworking Cream $6
  • Fresh Picked Body Care 2/$12
  • Mason Jar Hand Soap 2/$15
  • Mason Jar Candles 2/$15
  • $6 Aromatherapy Body Wash
3 wick candles. When oh when? It's looking more and more like it might happen for Labor Day weekend. Possibly starting a week or so beforehand.  It feels like we are overdue for sure and I'll let you guys know when I know. Make sure you are checking out the other fabulous bloggers in my "Reading" tab up top.

No comments:

Post a Comment