Monday, June 17, 2013

A look at Lemon Zest

As a devotee to Orange Ginger, I never bothered to try Lemon Zest. As the old saying goes, if it's not broken, don't fix (or in this case, replace) it. I considered it off and on though. Since it's being retired this SAS, I thought well if I don't try it now, I'll never know and if I do then I can cry about it later. Or hoard it?

Here they are, excusing the dusty table.  

I've never used the Aromatherapy Sugar scrubs before, but at half off, it's at least worth a try right? So I started with the scrub which has A LOT of oil floating around. Even stirring it with the plastic popsicle stick I got from an associate barely mixed it up. Perhaps it's supposed to be like that? I only ever make my own sugar scrubs with the exception of trying the Mentha Body Buffer (which I was disappointed in) so I have no frame of reference. What I can say is that this scrub did very nicely for the bumps on the backs of my arms and my thighs and left my skin super soft, if a little greasy. I followed up by washing it off with the body wash, and then using the lotion.

I'd like to say that I decided to give this a go today mostly because it's only midday and I feel like just going to sleep. Of course I'm off work, but I already slept and my body's still trying to figure out what I'm doing to it's internal clock (oh shift work, I love thee.) so perfect opportunity for me! I came away feeling extremely refreshed and no longer groggy. I have to say I love B&BW's Aromatherapy a lot a lot. I'm rarely disappointed by it (Lavender Vanilla I'm looking at you.). One distinct difference in the lotion I found was that Orange Ginger has a slightly sticky feel to it where Lemon Zest does not! I approve highly. Luckily, the scent doesn't leave me feeling like something you should be mopping the floor with. I would liken it to more of an ... earthy take on lemon I think. Perhaps lent to the ginseng.

I'm pretty pleased with this and I'll have to get some more before the sale's over. I'll just go back to Orange Ginger when it's all gone but I will be slightly sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment