Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Product Review

An oldie as I am aware but a goodie nonetheless. Being as new as I am to B&BW, I missed the days when scents like Black Amethyst or Dark Kiss were in stores. Last SAS when I went hunting for leftover Twisted Peppermint items, I saw plenty of From Paris With Love (which I should've bought then!!) but never saw the aforementioned scents. Being too cowardly to order online in the event that I wouldn't like it, I refrained until this SAS. 

When the sneak peek came around, I took a chance and ordered these lovelies and almost ordered BA too but instead opted for Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin. I would've gotten to smell them before the SAS had UPS not decided that suddenly they want to require a signature for my B&BW purchase. So opening day of the SAS rolls around and I find by chance, a travel size Dark Kiss lotion and a travel size shower gel. I picked them up and smelled them and I knew it was going to be love from there! Stores even got them in stock for the SAS after about a week in!

Anyway, enough about that and let's get to the product. This smells absolutely divine. The shower gel is of course, typical B&BW shower gel fodder. I find this scent (along with Malibu Heat) to be among the stronger scents, lingering very faintly even once you step out of the shower. The lotion is another one of those that doesn't leave an oddly sticky feeling on my skin as some scents can - hence my strong preference for the TMC all except those run off your skin when you sweat...ew. The scent the lotion provides was strong enough that I didn't even need a fragrance mist to notice it hours later.

How would I describe the smell? Honestly I thought it was familiar! I had recently smelled something like it but couldn't put my finger on it. It's a sweet and slightly tart berry blend with a hint of Vanilla and musk. When I went into my bedroom, I realised why it smelled familiar - I purchased a Black Currant Vanilla Aromatherapy wallflower bulb some time ago and recently got around to using it. That's exactly what it smelled like to me. I tried the BCV lotion in store but found a different take on the scent so if I had to liken DK to something, it'd def be BCV wallflowers! 

Lovely fragrance! Like Malibu Heat, I get a lot of compliments off this scent. One gal stood next to me at work one day and was like, "Are you wearing Dark Kiss? I love that scent." What a nose!

Sometimes B&BW runs online exclusives for $6 specials which is okay but if you are a fan and can find this in store still (some do have it), you are better off with the 75% off price and passing up the shipping cost altogether. I stocked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment