Friday, June 14, 2013

SAS Sneak Peek Haul

Last night, my UPS man finally dropped off my box of goodies just as I was about to go to bed. I decided to be less annoyed and more grateful that I didn't miss it again. 

Last year's winter SAS I got a SCP spray for $.95 scents (it was a classic bottle) but I didn't get the matching ritual pieces to the set I would've gone for a TMC instead but I ordered before TMCs were added (like the day before) but that's okay! I like this scent a lot, very autumn like which I am assured is the point. I can't really see wearing it before September though. 

Coconut Vanilla smells to me like Vanillatini minus the splash of citrus which is all fine and dandy! I can see why people ask and beg for the signature vanillas ... these are great! So simple and not overwhelming with a million different fruits and/or flowers that just make you go HUH? This one feels like I could wear it any time. I never really knew it until this year, but I am a seasonal person with scents. I didn't really think I was until I put myself off Twisted Peppermint in April somehow or another.

Lastly, Dark Kiss reminds me of something I've smelled before. I wanna say it lends a little bit of Secret Wonderland to my nose but not as sweet? I don't know, whatever it is, I like it a lot. I didn't get the mist for this one since it wasn't and still isn't included in the sale. I'll live though! I have plenty of stuff to tide me over until a $6 online exclusive sale. 

As I've mentioned, I don't typically luck out on liking something I've bought without smelling. When the sneak peek went up, I was extremely tempted into ordering and almost got Black Amethyst instead of SCP because I wanted to try both Dark Kiss and Black Amethyst. In my head, I thought they might smell similar, but they don't. My store had a whole bin of BA lotions and I took that opportunity to smell them. AWFUL! So glad I didn't. I stuck to my guns on Dark Kiss though, and when I found the travel size ones in the bin right next to the BA hoard, I first smelled them, liked them, but put them back down (WHY?!) and then went digging them back out and tossing them into my bag.

Coconut Vanilla was a given. I generally like coconut type scents. Exotic Coconut didn't do a thing for me though. And I think Aruba Coconut smells absolutely horrid and nothing like coconut, but Coconut Lime Breeze (I wish I would've been able to try Verbena but I hopped on the B&BW bandwagon a little too late for it!), Vanillatini and Vanilla Coconut are winners! 

I really have to say that I don't think buying the products is what makes me feel good about shopping B&BW. Discovering things, that gets my happy on. I am going to look at my store's stock either this evening, or tomorrow after work to see if anything else was tucked into the mystery bin. The things I've found so far smell amazing - I haven't found much I don't like out of there so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment