Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A week in review.

Theresa over at Life Inside The Page reminded me with her latest post about how I took a pic of all my goodies up until Monday or Tuesday and then never posted them. OOPS! Without further ado, my collection and my adventures to get them! 

I see that lots of people have bought lots of stuff. Lots of people have been disappointed and lots of people are looking for stuff! I went out day one and got to my closest store 30 minutes before the usual opening time to find as I was walking up, they were opening! I looked at the first table marked 75% off and found only America's Sweethearts stuff, so I wandered to the back to the other table where several other folks were looking at the bin with Shimmer and Shea and Eiffel mists. I raided the mystery bin and suddenly forgot to separate my stuff. I ended up with a very full bag that  I required help carrying. And hauled off at two other stores besides the one I live a fraction of a mile from.

As this is my first informed and actively participating SAS, I bought stuff. A lot of stuff. And didn't spend much at all. I saved money specifically for this and set aside for the sale so no breaking the bank for me. Admittedly I did buy a bit more than I pictured but I found a lot more than I thought I would too. I can't believe how many of these great items I missed out on in past years because it took me this long to discover the joy of B&BW.

 Pictured above is ALMOST everything I bought as of Tuesday. Not pictured are: 2 mini candles; Fireside and Winter, 2 TBS Blackberry Peels, 1 wallflower unit; lemon branch, 1 wallflower bulb; Limoncello (there were two, I plugged one in.), 1 Malibu Heat Leg Shine (Free item with coupon), 1 Pure Paradise 2-in-1 Scrub (Free item with coupon)

After I put everything away, I found the items not pictured sitting aside where I'd put them, muttering to myself how I meant to take them with me and forgot. Oops. Was NOT about to be dragging everything out again for it. Thinking on it, taking a picture on the stairs would have made everything more visible, shoot, what a good idea!

A lot of the stuff pictured is basic SAS fare found in most stores, either clearanced items everyone had, stuff they seemed to put out at most (Dark Kiss) but there were a few golden little treasures in the bunch such as Love Love Love, Paris Nights, Paris In Bloom and a couple of test candles; Summertime Soda and Eucalyptus Mint & Apple No. 3.

I'll do a second week in review early on next week I think. I'm not expecting it to be nearly as large since I did so many transactions day one. My local store is rapidly depleting their stock (I may or may not have contributed to this.). I wish I could have found and tried Sweet On Paris but I'm picky about wanting the matching items to go with it so even though there's an overload of the green Eiffel Mists at every store I've gone to, I haven't bothered picking one up due to this.

This helps me out for Christmas too and such other occasions. I love taking B&BW items and lumping similar things for gifts for people, they always get so excited when they see it. More to come soon...

2 comments:

  1. That is one great haul there. I had my bags sitting here waiting to be emptied while trying to figure out where to put it all and I thought I would snap a photo. I had no idea what I spent until I added up the slips from the three days...yikes....but like you mentioned these kinds of sales really do help out for holiday gift giving. I look forward to seeing your next haul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It really doesn't become obvious until you read those receipts, does it? It pays off well though, a fraction of what you'd spend at the holidays.

      Delete