Thursday, June 13, 2013

Let's play wait for UPS

I don't really like complaining about service, nor do I dare curse my local delivery man (or men? I think I've seen a few different ones) but I'm honestly quite annoyed. I ordered from the sneak peek for SAS, some Vanilla Coconut, Dark Kiss and a couple other items. My total wasn't even $30. Small fare for me. 

Yesterday came and went. I woke up last night around 10 pm and thought, hey, my goodies must be sitting out by the door! I opened the door and to my dismay, I didn't find a package to the right, nor did I find a package to the left. To the door, was that dreaded UPS InfoNotice sticker telling me they tried to deliver and the sender required a signature upon delivery. This is news to me??? Since when does B&BW require signature? 

I emailed CS this am because you see, I work at 3 am so my bedtime is obnoxiously early to accommodate this lest I be a walking zombie. What I had basically said was I don't ever recall needing to sign and I wondered if this was something new. I haven't ordered from B&BW in a few months and I don't think I've seen anyone mention anything about a signature. They responded to me just before I got out of work saying that UPS makes the call on whether or not a signature is required. That's cool. Really. Not.

My updated delivery time was today between 2-5pm, now it DOES say estimate, I'll give it that.
But seriously guys? It's after 5 now granted not much past, but approaching my lower limit for bedtime and no one is due to be home until after 7pm so no one to get the door if they DO turn up. Which I doubt as it's all a gamble. I've gotten packages at 10 am, I've gotten them at 5pm, I've gotten them at 8pm, I've gotten them at 10.30pm.

I called UPS and inquired about the response that B&BW CS gave me and they did tell me that the sender could opt for it but so could the driver too if they feel that the area is high risk for theft or something? That concluded, I called B&BW CS this time since they were open and told them what UPS said to me. B&BW does not require a signature. But UPS can choose to require one. Why the heck does it say the sender needs one then? I'm confused and slightly angry over this. I don't have the time or energy to wait up another day. Picking it up isn't possible until Monday because of my schedule so this is fabulous. The CS Rep told me I COULD try to leave a note on the door saying it was ok to leave it but UPS CS told me that wouldn't work.

All this over a $27 package. Suddenly I am reminded of the phone order I placed a while back where FedEx didn't even BOTHER to stop by my flat, they just dumped it off at the office and I know it's not what they normally do as they'll normally bring it right to me.

I suppose this is more of a UPS rant than anything but I wish I would've known that a signature would've been needed in the first place. I would've opted to have it dropped at my flat office instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment