Thursday, July 4, 2013

4oz candle study continued

I'm full of posts today, aren't I? While I prepared my little 4th of July feast for the partner in crime and myself, I decided to light some of the Lakeside collection candles up, which included my almost gone 3 wick Summertime S'mores (#2 of 8) and my two little 4 oz babies. After only an hour an a half burning, the results are in:

Look at those gorgeous wax pools! Sigh. These candles have one hell of a slow start but with a litle TLC, I managed to burn through them and enjoy a little peek at what I have to look forward to when I fire up these in 3 wick form!

I put them out because I'm honestly paranoid about the glass breaking if I leave it burning with no more solid wax underneath the pool. The throw would be better in a smaller area, but these smelled great when I was cooking! Watermelon Lemonade is a potent little powerhouse! And no complaints. As generic a smell as it is to me, I LOVE the smell of watermelon so much. And don't count out that Strawberry Picnic, on cold throw, my eyes widened, I knew I had to have it. It's like strawberries smothered in buttercream frosting. Guuuuh.

Oh, and I should add that after the maintenance I performed on these babies near the start did the trick - I didn't have to do anything else for them any other time I lit them. Great! 

Overall, I will focus on 3 Wicks, more value for my money, better burn, longer life, better throw, but for those candles that weren't carried in bigger than 4 oz. locally (Summertime Soda!), sure, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment