Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Chronicles of today.

Talk about sleeping IN! Neither of us got up until 11 am today. First thing when we waking is we went to go say hello to our sick fur child Aurora. We gave her medicine and a treat (I'll spare you guys the CUTE photos since I know not many folks are fans of ratties!) and went out to Cracker Barrel because why not? We were supposed to have gone out of town but because we hit a block of wood on the interstate last week, we can't take the car on long hauls anymore.

Breakfast was had, and perusing their gift shop, I picked up some of PIC's favourite for his birthday:


We also went to a hole in the wall video game/movie rental store that we saw on the way to Cracker Barrel and stopped in at on the way back. Neither of us knew the place existed until today. We didn't find much interesting though. Instead, our old standby place which was one road down had this gem

For old time's sakes we got this. While I have both games on the game boy advance, nothing was quite like the good old PS version!

We then went to my little playground to see what was new. Not much sadly except for the VIP Tote. Not interested. I already have one set of Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin and that's enough to last me two years I'm thinking! It's so potent in the bottle plus I think I'd really only wear it in such a small window of time. Especially living in Florida. Heh.

So of course, the stores were running the 2/$22 sale. I checked in the hopes that they MIGHT have some Fall stuff, of course I knew better but hey, I can say I tried right? Heh heh! I had in mind to get a Tropical Spice, an Aloha Waikiki and a Watermelon Lemonade. No dice on the last two. Almost on the whole trio. They had a total of six Tropical Spice, all by the door. I went over by the display where the candles and wallflowers were and found only the wallflowers. I thought about not buying anything at that point, but upon the major headache crashing down on me, I convinced myself I needed another Eucalyptus Spearmint candle, then once I found Tropical Spice, one of that, and they were all cleaned out of Watermelon Lemonade and Aloha Waikiki. As much as I love London Calling and Summertime S'mores, they had so many of them - I just don't need more of those.

For Destinations, it appeared all they had were London Calling and Sea to Santorini. BUT, behind the 2/$22 display card, someone had stacked two candles behind it of Meet Me In Tahiti, and they appeared to be the only ones in the store. Better believe I made one of those my third candle! Sorry to whomever hid it...

I needed to get a Pure Paradise lotion for someone, so I made that my excuse to buy some soaps. I got Cool Chick some Coconut Lime Verbena soap a while back, but none for myself, and I tried it whilst at the birthday bash Saturday and thought, why the heck didn't I?! So that made my mind up! Also noted that Summer Chill is $5 in stores, and that INCLUDES the FFM which is only 50% off online. Cooling Sprays are still $10.

Lastly, went to Target for some odds and ends and as a big fan of Chobani yogurt, I had to try the Coco Loco flip! We'll see how it is. I was recently disappointed by my local Bullseye for ceasing to carry my all time favourite Chobani, the big tub of Chocolate Chunk. Maybe I'll get my yogurt from there again if I like this one enough.

Will likely be spending the rest of today vegging out to some old school anime stuffs and turkey burgers I'd guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment