Saturday, July 6, 2013

Product Review: Malibu Heat

I've got a product review brewing before I forget. I guess it's more of a general fragrance review as with body care I tend to review the steps I have in the scent. At any rate, I present my beloved Malibu Heat.

 
Looks like I did some damage for only having had it two months right? Admittedly I do use other stuff in between but I've been dedicated in using this a majority of the time. 

For those who haven't been reading along as long, and/or haven't checked back towards the back of my blog, when I first started up, I posted my first haul since launching the blog back in May when Pure Paradise first hit the sales floor with Malibu Heat. This is when I first picked it up. I hadn't been into B&BW long enough to see it the first time around (and if it was as the Winter SAS, I missed it completely as I didn't know what the heck I was doing.) but upon reading the fragrance notes, I knew I would be in for a treat. I tried and tried to get my hands on it as soon as possible but alas, I had to wait for the launch which is ok, it was worth the wait. 

Where do I start with this one? The description reads "A fresh blend of juicy pineapple, California orange, and coconut milk inspired by pink sunsets and twenty-seven miles of beautiful beach."

I gotta say, it smells really good. The scent varies highly dependent on which form you use. I noticed the lotion has a much stronger scent to it, heavier on the fruit while the TMC is nice and tame, with more of a coconut milk smell. The lotion dries down quicker to the musk smell, while the TMC lingers a while. I like both actually. While I prefer the TMC vastly to the regular lotions, I like the smell the lotion gives a lot better.

The shower gel is standard B&BW fare, pretty strong though. It doesn't last that long after shower (what really does? I mean you wash it off!) but it smells amazing when you use it. I would liken it to the scent of the lotion best. The FFM is a lot heavier on the musk scent but it does nicely when I spray it on my clothes for the day. I get a ton of compliments from this scent and I kind of sniff myself a lot when I'm wearing it too. -.-

Now for the hair mist and the scrub. The scrub is okay - after the flop I found the Beautiful Day body wash+scrub to be I was hesitant to try another but with a free item up to $16.50, I thought okay, I'll give it a go. Rinse thoroughly. I do mean thoroughly unless you want to find gritty little white flecks all over you when you're applying your lotion. It smells great and exfoliates nicely, but I follow it with the regular shower gel anyway to be on the safe side. I much prefer the TBS Malibu Smooth Body Scrub over this product. The hair mist I tend to use on my off days of hair washing since it can be drying due to the presence of sea salt. It doesn't really give me "beach waves" but it does do some nice things for my hair like breathe some life into otherwise flat and boring hair. It also cuts down a lot on the frizz for me and makes my hair smell like the rest of me. 

Bottom line: I was expecting to like Malibu Heat a lot when I first read up on it but I wasn't expecting it to become my go-to scent. As I've found myself to be a seasonal person, I'll probably calm my usage of it down but it's a definite hot weather winner for me. The dry down isn't nearly as nice as the top and mid but that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment