Saturday, July 6, 2013

Candle Sale

Of course I went to B&BW today, who do you think I am? Teehee.

I could've made a phone order for some of the newer candles such as other bloggers did today, but I passed. July is home to my birthday and I've taken a week off later in the month to do something nice for myself - while candles are nice and for myself, I wanna go somewhere so I passed on that option and opted for some in store purchases instead.

At $9 per candle, that was much better than a 2/$22! 

The SAs in today knew I was in there for. I mean, of course there's a sweet deal on candles, but I'm pretty much the candle connoisseur to them. Well, let's look at it this way, I am all set in the event of a power outage - my collection is probably pushing 70. I know there's folks out there with way more but that many candles is nothing to sneeze at. Unless of course, the scent rubs you the wrong way. Bad pun.

Unfortunately, because I got there after work (7pm) they were picked over really hard. No more AT ES candles were there so I subbed a Eucalyptus Mint for it, the Destinations line had a few London Calling, a couple of Rio Glow, a couple Sea to Santorini, no Aloha Waikiki and no Meet Me In Tahiti from what I saw, at least until I left the store and saw them on a stand by the door. Buh. My luck. They had plenty of Summertime S'mores and while I wanted to shove them all into my bag, I didn't. And my partner in crime was proud of me for "showing restraint" at B&BW as he had put it since I frequently give in when I see something nice. 

The lotions and PocketBac were used to get my two totals over $30 for that nice little coupon.

Nothing special. Looking forward to trying out Paris Daydream though. I plopped it into my shopping bag every so often before the line came back but I always took it out in favour of something else.

Keeping myself awake now because I work late tomorrow. Hmm. I guess I could start boxing up the excess lotion to keep in a cool and dry place and do some organising in the guest room. Sounds like a plan!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad they came back with London Calling, stocked up on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Lisaa! I overlooked it when it was out during Winter 2012 because I knew nothing about the sales or how to shop and $20 flipped me out! Now that I know, I'm all stocked up on it, wallflowers included.

    ReplyDelete