Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pumpkin Preview

Last and not least for today, I did go to B&BW before going out on one final birthday celebration for July babies. Pumpkin Preview was just that, a little sneak peek. Don't expect anything ground-breaking.

They had candles in:
  • Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin (Yuck! This one was gross.)
  • Pumpkin Caramel Latte (This was perhaps my favourite of the bunch. It smells like the pumpkin latte from Starbucks with a hint of caramel.)
  • Pumpkin Apple (To me this smells like Pumpkin with a side of apple and a little spice to it. Not as spicy as Sweet Cinnamon.)
  • Pumpkin Cupcake (Smells like a delicious cupcake with a hint of pumpkin.)
They had single wallflower bulbs in the same scents too. 
 
Soaps were available in the foaming variety in:
  • Creamy Pumpkin
  • Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin
  • Pumpkin Caramel Latte
  • Pumpkin Cupcake
Plus Pocketbacs in the same scents.

Also available were the mini candle sampler, and the "Egg Carton" Wallflower sampler. Both were priced at $24.50. The mini candles definitely were not worth that. They don't burn long, don't have a good enough throw and 6 would be $20. Pass! The candles in the sampler were Pumpkin Carving, Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin, Pumpkin Caramel Latte, Pumpkin Cupcake, Pumpkin Pecan Waffles and Pumpkin Apple. There was a coupon under the lid for $11 3 Wick candles (see below)

The wallflower sampler however, came with 6 wallflowers in Pumpkin Caramel Latte, Pumpkin Cupcake, Blueberry Pumpkin Patch, Pumpkin Carving, Pumpkin Apple and Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin. I think it was Pumpkin Carving exclusive to this sampler for wallflower form? I don't remember right now and don't have the info on hand. At any rate, as we know, wallflowers are already 6 for $24 so not a terrible deal all in all.

 It also came with a coupon for $11 3 wick Candles starting on August 26th thru September 22nd and limited to 5 candles per coupon. Sadly because you have to use a coupon to get the price, you can't combine. I'm doubting any candle sale during that period too. I'm really digging the egg carton though. I know that sounds odd, but it's a nice way to store wallflowers without them clacking against each other. B&BW ought to make these purchasable for a couple bucks. I'd totally buy a couple.

The Ceramic Pumpkin that's going online right now for $12.50 or $6 with a $20 purchase is actually in store for $6 with ANY purchase.

The lid's a little wobbly but if you look at the lid and the rim you can see a little notch to match up when you put it on. It's 2oz. and a mini candle would easily fit in it. The candle scent is Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin but it doesn't smell anywhere near as strong as that 3 Wick I made the mistake of removing the lid for a whiff of at the store! I thought they were cute and PIC wanted them for decor for the holidays. Once burned, we figure we can use it as a holder too. Or for storing small things!

PIC got the Pocketbacs (though I'll be nicking a couple of them) and one pumpkin for his free White Citrus. I got the sampler plus the other pumpkin for a survey. I thought about some soaps but I'll wait until more Fall stuff comes out.

Also available are Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin lotion and shower gel (last year's packaging), a pumpkin soap sleeve, the pumpkin wallflower, and a couple of Fall bags (no pics of them...). One was a little, flimsy golden thing, I think Cia might've had a pic of it. Then there were two larger bags towards the back, one with a brown, pumpkin print on it and a blue one with an acorn I think. Memory is a little fuzzy on those. Price were $8.50 for the last two. 

I got the mailer Tess posted about earlier but they don't have any of the pump sanitizers I want yet so I'll keep it for later I think!

I had a lot of fun, but this is my first Fall season with B&BW so I'm enjoying myself for what it's worth. On my journey to becoming a girly girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment